Our team is preparing to launch a new nonprofit organization - Citizens Market - with a mission to promote socially responsible choices in the marketplace.
We need a logo that fits at least one of the central themes of our organization. The logo should be catchy enough to invite consumer participation, but sober enough to be perceived as credible by consumers, corporations and other nonprofits.
A Platform for Socially Responsible Consumption (see Description)
Desired Color Scheme:
Cream_of_the_Corp, from http://www.colorschemer.com (see Description)
Accepted File Formats:
Any. Vector preferred.
Our team is preparing to launch a new nonprofit organization - Citizens Market - with a mission to promote socially responsible choices in the marketplace. We'll provide an online platform to develop a user-generated database of reviews, ratings and data points on the social and environmental performance of different companies. The ratings and data points will be converted into scores for each company, allowing consumers to rapidly compare companies' performance. We'll cover such issues as environmental impact, labor relations, political influence, etc. We plan to launch our first website prototype in two weeks.
The logo should be catchy enough to invite consumer participation, but sober enough to be perceived as credible by consumers, corporations and other nonprofits. Our biggest challenge will be to establish our reliability and credibility.
These are the central themes of our organization:
* A new way of thinking about civic responsibility and participation in the market
* Corporate social responsibility
* Convenient ratings of companies for consumers
* Reliable database
* User-generated model
We encourage designers to come up with new image ideas for the logo. But to give you some ideas, our team has brainstormed a few potential images:
* scale (i.e., choice/spectrum between good/bad companies, plus consumers can customize the database to reflect their personal priorities (weights) for different issue categories (environmental impact, labor relations, etc.) and different information models (qualitative reviews vs. data points))
* something to do with groups/aggregation (i.e., user-generated database, collective power of consumers)
* sunlight (i.e., information about corporate behavior)
Our current tagline is "A Platform for Socially Responsible Consumption," but this tagline may change in the next few months. The ideal logo submission would include two versions: one with the tagline and one without.
DESIRED COLOR SCHEME
We have already picked a simple color scheme for our website (under construction), with gray, beige, mint, cream and maroon. To view that scheme, go to http://www.colorschemer.com and "Search Schemes" for "Cream_of_the_Corp." The ideal logo would be based on or drawn from this color scheme.
Thanks! We look forward to your submissions.