What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I currently have a website at tythewebguy.com that is being redesigned. This is a single-person (me) web design and development shop that gets business through word-of-mouth. There is currently no logo. I have a caricature that I would really like to use, but it is too detailed for use as a logo.
The logo will be used on the website, business cards, brochures, etc., so it should reproduce well at all sizes and be bold and simple. I really like the logo at lynda.com.
- Bold and simple; able to reproduce on a variety of mediums and sizes.
- I really like the lynda.com logo.
- Should be done in black only, with a white background.
- Final deliverable must be a vector image; prefer Illustrator.
- Although I like the circle and style of lynda.com, I'm open to other ideas.
- Should convey trust, professionalism; clean but friendly. Casual.
- Should be recognized as myself. There is a photograph on http://www.tythewebguy.com.
- I like retro design.
- Stiff or overly corporate feel.
- Lacking character.
- Too hi-tech or trendy.