Completed many jobs with this designer. Outstanding job!
Very flexible and open to your ideas.
We loved working with a Jason. He was super responsive and listened to what we wanted. We loved working with him and would highly recommend him for any project.
The designer was very in tune with want I wanted for this and was willing to make as many adjustments as possible.
- @Z Design
Nice work, thankyou!
- justinchapman E
How Stacy (Grizz) Kim started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
KUMA Martial Arts
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
KUMA is a family martial arts school offering an afterschool program, martial arts, and fitness classes. 80% of our students will be children which means that our audience is primarily parents.
KUMA is Japanese for bear.
Here is our official school blurb:
KUMA is a modern blend of self-defense, technique, fitness, and mentor coaching to provide everyone the opportunity to learn the value of martial arts. Our method is to build awareness and confidence in each student while boosting their level of fitness, strength, and coordination. Each day it is our mission to provide the exploration of personal growth and to inspire better leaders.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'd like to explore the following colors:
Reds: Energy, action, passion and love.
Yellows: Energy, intellect, fun and youth.
Blues: Knowledge, trust, calm and honesty.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
I am a designer myself but I've never been too good at logos. I've taken this as far as I can and I'm still not happy with it. Here is where you come in!
I'm attaching a file that shows some work I did on the logo and examples of logos I like.
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE HOPING FOR:
- KUMA is Japanese for bear so there needs to be a bear
- We are open to something abstract and creative
- Something that is strong but not scary (so, no growling teeth)
- We'd love to have a full bear and then a simple head for smaller uses
- The logo should scale well (small and large)
- We are open to bears that integrate a "K" or even KMA (KUMA Martial Arts)
- The logo needs to look good in reverse (white on black) without looking like a polar bear.
- The logo needs to be something that will look good on a uniform, on paper, on shirts, bags...
- The logo needs a solid vertical and horizontal version
- No ninja-like things, mascots, or cartoons please
- Martial arts uses patches often so it would be nice for the logo to have a circular variation