LiveLung is a Dusty Joy Foundation program livelung.org
LiveLung is one of two programs of the Dusty Joy Foundation, a new nonprofit organization. LiveLung is a web portal serving the lung cancer community. The dynamic web portal will be provided as a service to the lung cancer community and will help newly diagnosed patients navigate the maze of organizations and services. It also will recruit volunteers and donors and engage them with an organization that best matches their interests. The portal will showcase other lung cancer nonprofits and provide resources and referrals. It also will provide current lung cancer news, columns and other features.
LiveLung portal will achieve the following objectives:
• Raise awareness and compassion;
• Function as a compass directing newly diagnosed visitors through maze of organizations and resources;
• Provide news and information and referral support;
• Recruit volunteers and donors;
• Support other lung cancer nonprofits by directing volunteers, donors and other to their organizations.
The portal will strengthen lung cancer non-profits by showcasing their organizations and directing others to join their efforts. The site will recruit those new to the world of lung cancer to 1) direct them to the resources they need; and 2) meet individuals’ need to gain a sense of control by doing something positive (volunteering, donating, etc.); and 3) strengthen and serve other nonprofit organizations.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Individuals touched by lung cancer and the non-profit organizations that serve them. Potential donors, other lung cancer organizations, lung cancer patients and their families and friends. Our target audience is everyone touched by lung cancer. In addition to those directly impacted by this disease, our mission will be targeted toward the general public to help educate them about lung cancer facts. Lung cancer is so misunderstood. Once they know the facts, they become empathetic to the cause.
• The name, LiveLung, should be part of the logo.
• The logo should be simple, bold.
• Typeface should have clean lines.
• The logo should be printable both in color and in black and white.
• There should no pink anywhere in the logo. All other colors are fair game.
• The logo should be vector (scalable) and must be delivered in different file formats for print and web (AI/PSD, EPS, JPG, etc) & fonts & color codes.
• Original designs only; no stock images or clip art.