We are building and launching a brand-new e-commerce platform. Our platform will synchronize items for sale from people’s individual web stores and will be able to output them in one location—say, a mobile application—so people can search and purchase items they would have had difficulty finding using a normal search engine.
Non-technically speaking, a platform coordinates the storage and output of various information for use in as many different ways as you can think of. You can use the information coming from a platform to build thousands of different Web sites and applications. Platform e.g.: Facebook has a platform for all the different information they collect on their users. Developers can use that information to create the many different applications, games, quizzes, etc. that Facebook offers.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is anyone who wants to find more unique items. Individual web stores are more likely to have varied inventory and are less likely to have the same items for sale that big box stores have. We want to capitalize on that fact. We want to target those people, both buyers and sellers, who have been “forgotten” or “ignored” by the larger shopping Web sites. We are also interested in attracting developers who want to use our platform to build apps and Web sites to help buyers and sellers find each other more easily.
We are looking for a logo to represent our new platform and the ideas behind it.
Here are a few requirements:
1. No amps, guitars, sound images – since our name is actually an acronym and it does not have anything to do with an actual amp or anything to do with music or sound.
2. The typeface should be clear and simple. More than likely sans-serif but we are open if something seems to fit.
3. No images of computers, shopping bags or money.
4. We do not have a set color palette so please feel free to experiment with colors.
5. Please do not use the words marketplace or platform in the logo. We are just looking for the word AMP.
6. We are definitely open to the incorporation of design elements to make the logo softer, more appealing, friendly since the word AMP can look rather strong/harsh on its own.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Copyright laws prevent the usage of stock images or clip art in logos.