Clear for Takeoff
I am responsible for selecting a conference logo for a BILLION DOLLAR MERGER.
DFDS A/S (”DFDS”) has recently completed the acquisition of Norfolk Holdings B.V.(”Norfolkline”). DFDS, the name of the combined company, has created one of the largest ferry and logistics operators in Europe – which means a better service and even more value for customers!
DFDS (http://dfds.com) is a billion dollar company with over 6000 employees in more than 10 countries. The primary businesses of DFDS are sea transport (via a network of ships) and logistics (via a network of trailer companies). We are located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
DFDS hosts multiple conferences and special events per year, where designers have the opportunity to contribute. Additionally, DFDS runs a passenger shipping unit that directly markets to consumers.
Take up the challenge and submit your best design. One win could mean future work!
After months of merger and acquisition planning, DFDS is ready to launch a full scale integration effort. As such, DFDS has invited the top executives -- the best of the best -- to a 2 day Kickoff Conference.
You, as the designer, have the opportunity to create a LOGO for the Kickoff Conference. The theme of the conference is CLEAR FOR TAKEOFF.
The audience is made up of high-level executives responsible for operations, sales, and management of the billion dollar company. As such, we are requesting a PROFESSIONAL logo.
The idea behind CLEAR FOR TAKEOFF is that DFDS has done a significant amount of planning before the integration, and now we are ready to start doing the work. So, CLEAR FOR TAKEOFF means we have been given the go-ahead to the executives to start the "real work".
The idea of a passport stamp is that each individual will feel they free to begin their journey, like receiving a stamp at the airport.
I would like a logo design of CLEAR FOR TAKEOFF that looks like a passport stamp.
Every design MUST include:
* The words: "Clear for Takeoff". You can experiment with capitalization (all words, all letters, mixed case, etc.)
* The "George Cross" in the DFDS logo (see DFDS_LOG_NEG.png for a picture of the cross)
* A LIGHT alternative for dark backgrounds; a DARK alternative for white backgrounds
* Final deliverables in .ai and .png/jpg format
Every design MAY include:
* The date: 14 September 2010 (in any DD MM YYYY format)
* Company name: DFDS
* Blue (CMYK 100·57·00·40 // RGB 00·68·124 // # 00447C), Grey (CMYK 00·00·00·70 // RGB 109·110·113 // # 6D6E71), White, Black
* You may try other colors
* Professional designs meant for business
* Non-standard, stylized fonts (see TeamUpToWin.jpg as an example)
* To be able to read "Clear for Takeoff" easily
* Cartoons, clipart, or stock images.
* Pictures of airplanes -- we are a shipping company
* Crazy colors
Passport Stamp Examples:
* I will try to give feedback on every design in the following way
1 STAR: Not Close. Please re-read design brief
3 STARS: Closer. Good idea but not yet a match
5 STARS: Near the Goal. Will PM my feedback
Good luck everyone!