jenbear is an amazing, professional designer who we've used now on multiple projects to create the most important brands for our business. Her work is unmatched.
How MalachiConstant started their logo design journey
Looking for a logo that features a cowboy motif, binary (1's and 0's) and is whimsical
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Thee are a lot of disciplines (metholdologies) in software development, and a lot of people spend a lot of time taling about how to do software development. A cowboy programmer is one who focuses more on the task at hand -- a sort of loner who doesn't follow conventional rules. You can read the Wiki article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_coding but it is pretty sparse. People who are into formal methods use it as a perjorative term, while others use it as a badge of honor.
A cowboy programmer is sort of the opposite of a "suit" type manager. The cowboy focuses on work, not on planning, meetings, etc.
I am trying to set up a logo that emulates the rogue-ish, pragmatic, focused features of the cowboy, and celebrates this as a good thing. This will be for both a website and a general business logo.
- Should have the word 'cowboy programmer' in the logo, but I would like to have a version both with and without the text (or easy to cut out
- Would be nice to incoporate binary (1s and 0s), but not required
- Should have some ort of cartoonish cowboy -- should be fun and whimsical
- Ideally, the logo shows some sort of concentration on the part of the cowboy. One of the features of a cowboy is they focus on coding, not on talking
- If you can somehow work in the adversarial relationship between the cowboy and the "suit" managr, that would be great. I have no idea how to do this, though.
- No "westen" style fonts, please
- No code samples, no 'hello, world'