Thank you for doing the best job to design using our brand look and feel! Very cool! You are amazing!
How Erich Nachbar started their logo design journey
The logo is for a small startup specializing in Open Source software consulting. Our engineers (i.e. one) solve big problems using Open Source software previously requiring proprietary software & hardware.
We are looking for a logo that showcases:
- Creativity: Understand the problem & spend time thinking about the optimal solution. Don't just pull something off the shelf and call it a day.
- Knowledge: Know what options are out there and stay involved with the Open Source Community.
- Skills: Don't just sprinkle "magic dust", but do the implementation and make sure it works.
- Fun: Hey, if you work >8hrs per day, you might aswell enjoy what you are doing.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Target audience are:
- Small Startups, which need to process a lot of data (e.g. social networking sites, online advertisers)
- Software Engineers
- IT/OPS People
The logo should work on
- white/light backgrounds and
- be usable in print and online.
Some of the products we are using for your inspiration:
- Apache HBase
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Cassandra
- Cascading.org (see logo contest on 99designs)