Fantastic designer. Great communication. Highly skilled.
How RAID started their logo design journey
RAID Machine is a new brand name for high-capacity hard drive enclosures. We are experienced in the storage industry and will use RAID Machine to promote our premium products. They vary in size and shape, but this search is representative: http://www.google.com/images?q=rack…%20storage
These "rackmount" (horizontal) enclosures can have dozens of hard drives. The drives and some components are redundant to better protect the data.
We are first-time buyers on 99designs, but will work hard to provide a quality experience. If you need more information or have ideas how we can make the contest better, please let us know.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our audience is primarily institutional buyers from business, education, government. Also some creatives like videographers and photographers. But not the same vibe as gamer / hobbyist computer hardware. People buy multi-drive storage systems for a combination of reliability, capacity and speed.
* The "RAID" and "M" in RAID Machine must be capitalized.
* One of the main things we're looking for is an authoritative font.
* Plus at least one stylized element that sets the design apart.
* Could use rackmount, hard drive, or other other machine theme.
* Simple and clean. White background. No reflection, no shadows.
* Doesn't rely on strong gradients. Can be reduced to monochrome if needed.
* We don't have a final color scheme, but are leaning to black and darker red.
* Should be able to scale down gracefully; one of our known uses is 116 x 68.
* But we'll have larger uses on the website and print, requiring a vector format.
* Required files: Print - .ai / .psd (CMYK), Web - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)