Maynooth Students' Union
We are a Students' Union which is made up of a number of full-time administrative staff members, and elected student representatives who are voted into office for a twelve-month term. On a representative level, the Students' Union furthers the cause of the students in our university, as well as co-ordinating with Students' Unions from other Universities to lobby and campaign on relevant issues on a national level. Our Students' Union is funded by the students, directly through a levy they pay every year, and also through our commercial services - our bar, our shop and our stationary services.
We have an existing umbrella logo which we had designed through 99designs earlier this year. This will remain as the overall logo. Ideally, all submitted logos should be complimentary, however if we are open to other interpretations and design concepts.
We want to connect with our students, but also be taken seriously by any other bodies that we have contact with.
Create a series of logos per the specifications below, either 4 logos - including one which incorporates the clubhouse, the shop & the centre under one umbrella of 'Your Place' or 6 logos, with an individual logo for each of the 'places'. All logos should include the text 'Your .....'
1. Your Voice – Logo for the representative element of the Students' Union.
2. Your Place – Either one logo which takes in the following three elements or 3 seperate logos
- Your Clubhouse - Meeting space/ bar (serves alcoholic beverages) / would like our sports teams to begin to identify with this as their own Clubhouse
- Your Shop - Commercial retail outlet selling confectionary, groceries, photocopying services, stationary and some branded merchandise. Exists to generate revenue which is redistributed back into services for our students
- Your Centre - The building which house the adminstrative offices and offices of the elected Students' Union Officials or 'Student Government'. Also houses a cafe with existing branding & the 'Clubhouse' is at the far end of the building.
3. Your Clubs – Student-focused sports clubs who receive funding from the Students' Union to further their teams and individual athletes
4. Your Societies – Student-focused groups with an interest in dedicated topics/ subjects/ non-sporting activities who receive funding from the Students' Union.