The Urban Silhouette
I'm a freelance journalist teaming up with a photographer to launch an exciting new blog - The Urban Silhouette - that will feature gorgeous photo shoots and interviews with existing and up and coming designers. The site also aims to feature up and coming models, rather than existing talent. Fun feature interviews, designer q & a's, parade reviews and interactive blog posts all will form part of the site.
The target market are young blog-trotters seeking an online fashion fix they don't need to pay for that exposes them to new designers and new models to keep them ahead of the fashion pack.
I am seeking a logo that incorporates the name 'The Urban Silhouette' in full to feature in the masthead of the blog site and also (potentially) on business cards and other branded material.
- may include a graphic or picture but could be more simple and merely incorporate the text
- the logo should marry the masculine or on-trend notion of an 'urban' environment with the femininity of the word 'silhouette'
- Please do not use any stock images, clip art or cartoons in the logo
- nothing too cutesy, it needs to be edgy and modern, yet still feminine
- a neutral colour scheme (I like grey, silver, black and white) might work best, but if you decide to incorporate colour, I like all shades of pink
- In selecting a font, feel free to refer to magazines like Harpers Bazaar for inspiration. Their font is great, but sleek, clean styles also are an option (but only if it fits with your design concept!)
Ultimately, the design should be contemporary with an on-trend edge. The sky's the limit so be creative! Good luck!