I recently became a Board member of an international non-profit group that shares news and raises money worldwide for a rare, neurodegenerative disease called Friedreich's Ataxia - we need a STRONG logo for our new website.
When my nephew was diagnosed with Friedriech's Ataxia (FA) in 2004, I decided to try and do everything possible to help in the fight towards a treatment and cure. Being part of the babelFAmily group is one piece of the puzzle.
This organization has existed for a few years and started out as a group that provides news to FA patients, families, doctors and researchers in multiple languags (10 today). Our website, not launched yet officially is http://www.babelfamily.org it utilizes many social networking tools, forums, video, photos, etc.
There are translators across the world in the UK, Turkey, Germany, France, US, Russia and more working for free in their spare time to translate all this information. The organization is growing fast, and the group is becoming more than a news provider but also a full-fledged non-profit with additional services and fundraising activities.
The organization is:
- international / global reaching
- pulling (tying) together other FA organizations across the world to bridge information gaps
- dedicated to helping find a cure
- professional, forward thinking, modern in use of technology
- the "FA" in the word babelFAmily stands for "Friedreich's Ataxia" which is the disease
- the "babel" is of course referencing the multilingual aspect of our information being translated continuously
- and "family" because when you find out about the disease and talk to people with it or around it, you naturally become part of the family
- Somehow the "FA" must be obvious and jump out a bit to relate to the disease
- the logo could be all one word or split into two words (one line or two) - we mostly write it as one word but I am open
- open to seeing upper or lower case
- see the website for colors of our site - best to try and match something that fits well in this environment (primary use) and space http://www.babelfamily.org
- open to the text with an icon or symbol or having it integrated somehow - be creative as you see it
- logo could be used in many ways - from business cards to website to posters to big banners at fundraisers, etc.
- We've tried logos using globes and having babelFAmily on top of it but it wasn't professionally done or maybe seems cliche (?) we could try it but...
- weird colors that don't match the website look/feel