Create a reproducible logo, conducive to small or large formats, for reproduction on lapel pins, invitations, stickers, and as part of a train locomotive wrap. Logo should celebrate the 10-Year milestone of ACE's passenger rail service. Once a winning entry is approved, winner will work with agency on producing final versions and on the $500 prize.
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai)
Background: The Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) was launched in October, 1998 as a commuter rail service between Stockton, CA and San Jose, CA.Â Considered only as a dream, the ACE service surpassed everyone's imagination and quickly became a successful alternative mode of transportation.Â The train runs along an 89-mile corridor between the San Joaquin Valley, Tri-Valley, and Silicon Valley, and carries an average of 4,000 passengers each day.
The Challenge: We desire to encapsulate the success of the last ten years, with anticipation and excitement for the future, in a logo to be debuted at a gala.Â The logo will symbolize the anniversary as a milestone to the future for the entire year between October 2008 and September 2009.
Points to consider while creating the logo:
- The train - logo must have some representation of the ACE train
- 10-Years - logo must speak to the anniversary
- The future - logo should be energizing and symbolic of the future of the agency.
- Our corridor - Think of our line through the Central Valley, the Altamont Pass, Niles Canyon, Santa Clara/Silicon Valley; may include one or parts of our geographical route
- Use at least two colors or more
- Visit http://www.acerail.com for more information about the agencyKeep in mind, logo must be reproducible in all formats, and should be easy to reproduce in small and large formats (think side of locomotive).
Your logo could be seen by millions of people who travel by rail or by car next to the train.
The Reward: Once an entry is chosen, the winner will be notified and required to submit a W9 form to ACE (SJRRC*).Â The W9 will be processed, and a check for $500 will be sent to the winner.Â Winner will not be required to submit the winning artwork to the agency until agency confirms that payment has been processed.Â
*The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission is a public agency and is required to receive a W9 from all its vendors.Â All personal data will be considered confidential; No information from the winner or the winner's W9 will be shared with the public.