Looking for a design of two main characters – one version of each when they are young and one version of each when they are older - a man and his companion dog. Both characters will tell a story with their expressions and what they are doing in a particular situation.
• Mid 20’s
• Fresh out of college
• Handsome and good looking
• Strong and in good shape but not overly muscular
• Loving his life
• Free, no responsibilities, no concerns, easy going
• Not a puppy but maybe still young (3 or 4 years old)
• Medium sized dog (50 lbs)
• Loving life
• Recognizable as the same person as the younger manb but now in his early 50’s
• Healthy and strong but not as fit as when he was in his 20’s (use your imagination)
• Happy but now more stressed
• He is struggling with life’s responsibilities (work, chores, and errands for the family.
• He is experiencing mid life
• Yearning to be young again
• But is not sad about his current life, he just misses some of his freedoms
• Recognizable as the same dog as the younger dog but now older, maybe 7 or 8 years old
• Still in good shape but also a little older (use your imagination)
• Still happy and carefree but at the same time not so interested in chasing younger dogs or running around
• He too is yearning to be young again
After I approve the contest for the design of these two characters. I hope to be able to continue to work with the artist to create story with these characters based on their expressions and what situation they are in. The younger male is always in a situation with the younger dog. The older male is always in a situation with the older dog. The male and the dog do everything together.
When they are younger they are doing those things that younger aged men do (i.e. surfing, riding a motorcycle, skiing, hiking, etc.).
When they are older the are busy doing things associated with being a middle aged male (working in an office, mowing the lawn, running errands for the family, etc.). This older male and older dog are yearning to be young again. They (younger male and younger dog) went from driving a fun VW party bus with surfboards strapped to the top to getting older and driving a Toyota mini van packed with the man’s family, his (older) dog and bags of luggage strapped to the top.
You should be able to tell that the younger version of the man is also the older man. Same with the younger dog and older dog. Their facial expressions as an older man should reflect his desire to be young again, doing the things he (and his younger dog) used to do.
But, it is critical that the older man does not look depressed. He cannot look sad. He needs to look like he is remembering the good times when he was young, but still loves his current life.
You are free to be creative with the characteristics of the facial expressions, body type and overall how they look. The characters shouldn’t be too complicated but also not too simple. They need to be recognizable, healthy and good looking. They should be on the good side of looking average.