9 monochromatic (one color shapes) icons needed:
1-6 Need to be easily recognizable when rasterized at 24 x 24 pixels:
1. Guy/Male icon
2. Girl/Female icon
3. Single date activity, Edit: this should actually represent one person (the entrant)
4. Double date activity, Edit: this should actually represent two persons (the entrants)
5. Search/Join activities
6. Create/Schedule an activity
7-9 Need to be easily recognizable when rasterized at 48 x 48 pixels:
7. Food/Drink style date (a date which would take place at a bar, restaurant, coffee house etc... suggesting a combination of 3 images within icon to represent this type of date). For example, a coffee cup next to a wine/cocktail class next to a food item....
8. Art/Entertainment style date (a date which takes place at an event, i.e. concert, movie, sport event/game, comedy club, art show, museum, etc... suggesting a combination of 3 images within icon to represent this type of date).
9. Outdoor activity style date (a date which takes place outdoors, i.e. hike, dog park, sailing, golf, rock climbing, tennis, bike ride, etc... suggesting a combo of 3 images within icon to represent this type of date).
There is creative leeway on 7-9. The objective is to summarize these three categories of dates in a clean and easily recognizable way. The user already knows we are talking about a category of date when seeing these icons, so they don't necessarily need to represent the fact that it is a date (these icons shouldn't represent people).
Please review these icon examples to get an idea of the style of icon we are looking for:
- iPhone tab bar icons, http://developer.apple.com/iphone/l…-CH15-SW15
- icons on the left pane: http://www.squarespace.com/tour/
- many more links to examples there: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/…-available
Note: on some icons, you may use alpha transparency, e.g. the "Featured" icon of the iPhone App Store native app. Please look at the iPhone tab bar icons guidelines, as these are very similar to our requirements: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/l…6-CH14-SW8
Submitting the icons on both a white and a dark background is a good idea.
Note 2: the icons should not use hearts or such elements directly relating to a date, we are trying to keep the feeling of the site casual and refer to dates as "activities" in order to make the first step easier for shy users.