WHAT IS SHELLED FLAX?
Shelled flax is the most bioavailable way to consume flax nutrients. With the hard outer shell removed, your body can absorb the omega-3 oils from the flax kernel. It is ready-to-use, no grinding required, no refrigeration required. It has superior shelf life to ground flax.
In other words, you don’t have to grind this flax product. The outer layer of flax seed is so hard that your body can’t digest it. Therefore, your body just passes the tiny seed along, never being able to digest the oils and healthy fats found inside the flax kernel. For years people have been grinding their flax before usage. Unfortunately, when you grind your flax it goes bad quickly because once the oils are disturbed it does not take long for the flax to go rancid. Thus, people have to grind flax as they eat it. This can be time consuming and inconvenient, making flax not as popular as it should be.
Fortunately, there is now a process where the ‘kernel’ of the flax (inside layer) is separated from the outer without disturbing the oils, leaving it fully digestible to your body so you can eat it just like ground flax, and still enjoy all the benefits of fibre (from the dark outer shell) and the oils and omegas (from the yellow kernel).
ABOUT KERDEN FLAX
"Kernel" + "Eden" = Kerden
In order to reflect the concept of "pure", since the shelled flax process removes the outer flax shell, leaving the pure and nutritious flax kernel behind (as well as increasing its shelf life), the 'KERDEN FLAX' name is inspired by the nature-themed angle related to the Garden of Eden - a place where everything was perfect, wild, and beneficial to the original two inhabitants (Adam & Eve).
The name "KERDEN" reflects the idea of a "pure kernel from Eden".
College educated men and women (both single and those who have families) in highly populated cities aged 27 - 40 located in North America.
- Recent college grad (early 20’s) that recently started her new full-time job and is independently living away from home
- Likes to eat healthy, including functional superfoods, but is still learning how to cook and how to sustain a balanced diet
- The best way to reach Michelle is mobile, social media apps, email
- Interested in finding high quality food, in addition to teaching her about living a healthy lifestyle and can help motivate her to eat healthy.
- 30-year-old mother of two children and stay at home mom who does most of the family grocery shopping
- Feels strongly about only feeding her family healthy food options
-Likes to cook and try new recipes
- Best way to connect is through social media outlets and store website
- 35-year-old single man working full-time who recently begun buying all natural products to start living a healthy lifestyle
- Wants to buy products that supports new lifestyle
- Not interested in coupons
- Buying decision based on quality, taste, and knowledge of health benefits
- Best method to reach Doug is through direct email and advertisements on Internet search engine
CUSTOMER VALUES (in addition to the 99Design brief)
Convenient, Spiritual, Youthful, Down to Earth