Absolutely love the logo Lilian designed... it was more than I ever imagined it could be.... She is AMAZING!
How Next Century Pub started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
Next Century Publishing
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Art & Design
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
NCP is a full service publishing company. We produce, market and sell fiction and non-fiction books to the mass market.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
TITLE: The Devil's Foodcake Made Me Do It
AUTHOR NAME: Lorraine Crowstone
DIMENSIONS: 6" x 9"
BOOK SUBJECT MATTER:
So this book was written by a Wellness Coach and Nutritional Therapist. The idea is to help people through cravings on certain "demons" of the food world that sometimes seem to take control over a person when they are trying to diet better.
The demons are:
Taste Demon – eating beyond fullness because it tastes so good.
Social Demon – choosing what to eat based on social situations.
Stress Demon – craving high calorie, sweet or salty foods, not usually
eaten any other time.
Distraction Demon – habitually eating with distractions.
No Hunger Demon – lack of appetite commonly resulting from a lost
Feelings Demon – eating to soothe strong emotions.
Boredom Demon – feeling a perceived need to eat when bored.
Reward Demon – using food as a reward.
See Food Demon – eating because it’s there.
The book revolves around each of these and aims to show you guidance on what to do with the specific situations. Take a stab at the cover and see what you can come up with.
GENERAL DESIGN NOTES:
- We need front and rear cover designed.
- Attaching a graphic of our barcode area formatting for placement on the rear cover design.
- At contest end NCP will require the layered PSD file so that our designers can set up the print ready file for our chosen print vendor.
- Designers please design full cover, front and rear.
- Please do your design work in CMYK mode!
- We will need all fonts that are used in the winning design to build the actual print file.