Case competition will be called "OpsX"
Modeled after the SpaceX competition, the idea of this is to engage the Sales Operations team in creative problem-solving and innovation by giving them a challenge that seems impossible (and would be) without A) questioning why we do things the way we do and B) finding a better way to do them through technology and process improvement. The challenge is to come up with a new way to manage the contractual piece of new business and renewals that enables operations analysts to each handle 1,000 deals per year.
- Contest starts in Feb 2016. Operations analysts can compete individually or in teams up to 4 people. They must solve the problem with only the following constraints:
o Must accommodate all business lines
o Software/application can be employed as PART of the overall solution, but maximum budget for such a solution is $XXX,XXX including implementation. If technology is employed, the new process must be diagrammed showing how the solution will be used.
o Cannot hire additional staff
- First round of submissions due by May 31, 2016. From these, we will select the top 3 finalists to develop a prototype/demo where they will have the opportunity compete and deliver presentations to executive management.
- We’d judge based on 1) Feasibility of the solution, 2) Completeness of the Solution, and 3) Quality of the Presentation and Supporting Materials.
- Winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- For additional information or to register, please contact XXXX
Ideally I'd like to be able to edit the banner in the future by adding our logo and/or modifying the prize amount and contact details so if it's editable that would be great. Also, since this is for an operations team, it would be nice to incorporate operational elements such a gears, puzzle pieces, a globe, etc.